Problem with device identity

Mich_P

Problem with device identity

I’m facing problems with my device identity. Trying to adapt my drive device to start with the VIK-NAMUR drive profile GSDM I always get device mismatch error from the controller and connection establishment is not successful. I adapted my DAP to Device-ID and Vendor-ID mentioned in the VIK-NAMUR GSDML but without success. Did I missed something?
olliew

Re: Problem with device identity

Mich_P wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 09:56 I always get device mismatch error from the controller and connection establishment is not successful.
Maybe a mismatch in API number?
A wireshark inspection of the Connect Request and Connect Response should point to the exact subslot position of the mismatch.
Raik.Zachmann
PROFINET Expert

Mich_P wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 09:56 I’m facing problems with my device identity. Trying to adapt my drive device to start with the VIK-NAMUR drive profile GSDM I always get device mismatch error from the controller and connection establishment is not successful. I adapted my DAP to Device-ID and Vendor-ID mentioned in the VIK-NAMUR GSDML but without success. Did I missed something?
Have you checked whether you are using the correct device instance number?
Mich_P

Raik.Zachmann wrote: 14 Feb 2024, 08:29
Mich_P wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 09:56 I’m facing problems with my device identity. Trying to adapt my drive device to start with the VIK-NAMUR drive profile GSDM I always get device mismatch error from the controller and connection establishment is not successful. I adapted my DAP to Device-ID and Vendor-ID mentioned in the VIK-NAMUR GSDML but without success. Did I missed something?
Have you checked whether you are using the correct device instance number?
That‘s the solution! There is a mismatch with the device instance number. I used the recommended default value which is 1, but the VIK-NAMUR GSD requests 0 as device instance number (ObjectUUID_LocalIndex).
Thank You very much for your support!
Ask another Question