Specification for BlockQualifier FactoryReset

Julian

Specification for BlockQualifier FactoryReset

The PN protocol specification (2.4MU4) defines the BlockQualifier field for almost all DCP Suboptions (4.3.1.4.11). But I am missing a definition for the Suboption FactoryReset.
Shall the value be ignored by the PN device?

In contrast, the BlockQualifier for ResetToFactory is used to select the reset mode, i.e., the data to be reset.
benja_m

Re: Specification for BlockQualifier FactoryReset

Julian wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 16:02 The PN protocol specification (2.4MU4) defines the BlockQualifier field for almost all DCP Suboptions (4.3.1.4.11). But I am missing a definition for the Suboption FactoryReset.
Shall the value be ignored by the PN device?

In contrast, the BlockQualifier for ResetToFactory is used to select the reset mode, i.e., the data to be reset.
Look at "BlockQualifier with other options" - it applies as no dedicated BlockQualifier coding is given for your requested DCP option
Julian

Re: Specification for BlockQualifier FactoryReset

benja_m wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 16:44 Look at "BlockQualifier with other options" - it applies as no dedicated BlockQualifier coding is given for your requested DCP option
Thank you very much!

Summary:

The BlockQualifier of a FactoryReset request shall be ignored by the receiver.
The scope of data to be reset with FactoryReset shall cover ResetToFactory modes 1 and 2.
Any extension of this scope is implementation-specific and should certainly be documented.
Ask another Question