Community stack, can't find the code for the "main" function

AlfredoAtSherpa

Community stack, can't find the code for the "main" function

Hello Community Stack experts.
My colleague is trying to build a Linux working PROFINET device application. From there we want to port this Linux version onto other real-time operating systems used by our customers.
We are using v00.09.00 of the Profinet Community Stack
The makefile is being created.
Can you please indicate where is the main function in the v00.09.00 source code?
Thanks very much.
BartSimpson

Re: Community stack, can't find the code for the "main" function

AlfredoAtSherpa wrote: 10 Jul 2024, 11:54 Hello Community Stack experts.
My colleague is trying to build a Linux working PROFINET device application. From there we want to port this Linux version onto other real-time operating systems used by our customers.
We are using v00.09.00 of the Profinet Community Stack
The makefile is being created.
Can you please indicate where is the main function in the v00.09.00 source code?
Thanks very much.
The Community Stack is not a devkit and should therefore not be seen as code that you can simply "plug" into your existing device. The Community Stack is intended for technology providers and experienced developers who want to act as an "in-house" stack provider. For simple device integration, it is always recommended to use the expertise of a technology provider and to use an existing devkit purely on a SW basis or with an additional ASIC / FPGA / communication module.

That is why there is no "main" function in the community stack. This must be created yourself depending on what you want to achieve with the device, i.e. controller or device with or without system redundancy, shared device, isochronous mode,...

The "Community Stack Development Group" must decide whether and when there will also be functions that show the calls of the stack as examples.

Today the PN driver from Siemens can be used as an example application. https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs ... /109817202
It shows how to configure and use the stack. However, the following applies: If the PN driver is used in products, the license conditions of the PN driver apply.
AlfredoAtSherpa

Re: Community stack, can't find the code for the "main" function

BartSimpson wrote: 12 Jul 2024, 16:05
The Community Stack is not a devkit and should therefore not be seen as code that you can simply "plug" into your existing device. The Community Stack is intended for technology providers and experienced developers who want to act as an "in-house" stack provider. For simple device integration, it is always recommended to use the expertise of a technology provider and to use an existing devkit purely on a SW basis or with an additional ASIC / FPGA / communication module.

That is why there is no "main" function in the community stack. This must be created yourself depending on what you want to achieve with the device, i.e. controller or device with or without system redundancy, shared device, isochronous mode,...

The "Community Stack Development Group" must decide whether and when there will also be functions that show the calls of the stack as examples.

Today the PN driver from Siemens can be used as an example application. https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs ... /109817202
It shows how to configure and use the stack. However, the following applies: If the PN driver is used in products, the license conditions of the PN driver apply.
Thanks very much Bart. Will discuss this issue with my colleagues.
Ask another Question