How to read profinet data string

alan

How to read profinet data string

Hello,
Having Windows User interface capable in reading TCP/IP, UDP, serial etc messages but now customer say "having data string using profinet protocol". Do you need some Profinet interface card installed in PC for this? And/or some dll to read data string as TCP/IP?
llindemann
PROFINET Expert

Re: How to read profinet data string

alan wrote: 27 Sep 2024, 17:53 Hello,
Having Windows User interface capable in reading TCP/IP, UDP, serial etc messages but now customer say "having data string using profinet protocol". Do you need some Profinet interface card installed in PC for this? And/or some dll to read data string as TCP/IP?
I find it difficult to understand your concern here. As far as I understood, your are developing an customer application (running on Windows) gatehering information from devices. As a next step PROIFNET communication shall be added. Your basic question targets what is required to incorperate the PROFINET to your application.
If I got this right, the following applies:
  • You do not need specific hardware interfaces in your Windows PC ( at least not for tool access).
  • Tools typically utilize the record channel and thus the tech stack IP, UDP, CLRPC, PNService/ Records. But this may vary depending on what is meant by "having data string using profinet protocol".
To my knolledge, there are CLRPC implementations available. PNServices and record decoding needs to be added by you - I do not known an public available library implementation.
Anyhow, could you provide some details on "data string using profinet protocol", thx.
Ask another Question