ETS TEDCheck Test Failed

yasiralismb

ETS TEDCheck Test Failed

Hello Profinet Experts,
I am working on pre-testing my PROFINET device. I received the GSDML file from the vendor and modified it according to my needs. I am using an ETS test setup with ART tester version 2.45.0.2. While performing TEDcheck (CLPRC), the test failed with the following error:

"Object lldpXPnoLocPortOperMauTypeExtension of invalid type. Expected Gauge32, received Integer32."

I have attached a screenshot of the log. If anyone has encountered this before or has suggestions on how to resolve it. I would appreciate the help.
check screenshot of log: https://ibb.co/3f5NBd7
Thanks!
olliew

Re: ETS TEDCheck Test Failed

yasiralismb wrote: 15 Oct 2024, 17:24 "Object lldpXPnoLocPortOperMauTypeExtension of invalid type. Expected Gauge32, received Integer32."
On first look it appears your implementation is correct and the test is wrong.
I suggest to contact your vendor (? stack supplier), they should have the possibility to solve or address the problem.
llindemann
PROFINET Expert

olliew wrote: 16 Oct 2024, 11:14
yasiralismb wrote: 15 Oct 2024, 17:24 "Object lldpXPnoLocPortOperMauTypeExtension of invalid type. Expected Gauge32, received Integer32."
I suggest to contact your vendor (? stack supplier), they should have the possibility to solve or address the problem.

Your Object decoding for lldpXPNoLocPortOperMauTypeExtension is wrong. Your are sending TLV using decoding of an integer32 rather than an Unsinged32 as defined.
From MIB definition:

Code: Select all

lldpXPnoLocPortOperMauTypeExtension OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX                 Unsigned32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS          read-only
    STATUS                 current
The Error Message is slightly misleading since it treats Gauge32 and Unsigned32 as the same datatype. This results from the order of definition in SMNPv2-SMI.mib

-- this doesn't wrap
Gauge32 ::=
    [APPLICATION 2]
        IMPLICIT INTEGER (0..4294967295)

-- an unsigned 32-bit quantity
-- indistinguishable from Gauge32
Unsigned32 ::=
    [APPLICATION 2]
Correction decoing should fix your issue
yasiralismb

llindemann wrote: 16 Oct 2024, 11:39

Your Object decoding for lldpXPNoLocPortOperMauTypeExtension is wrong. Your are sending TLV using decoding of an integer32 rather than an Unsinged32 as defined.
From MIB definition:

The Error Message is slightly misleading since it treats Gauge32 and Unsigned32 as the same datatype. This results from the order of definition in SMNPv2-SMI.mib

-- this doesn't wrap
    [APPLICATION 2]

[APPLICATION 2]
Thanks
@llindemann
for quick reply
Since I am using the ART tester for TEDCHECK, where exactly can I make this correction in the tool or configuration? I have tried looking through the ART files but could not locate where the lldpXPnoLocPortOperMauTypeExtension object is defined or where to change it from Integer32 to Unsigned32. Any pointers on where this might be configured in the ART tester setup would be a huge help.

Thanks again
j.rost
PROFINET Expert

yasiralismb wrote: 16 Oct 2024, 15:31
llindemann wrote: 16 Oct 2024, 11:39

From MIB definition:

-- this doesn't wrap
    [APPLICATION 2]

[APPLICATION 2]
Thanks
@llindemann
for quick reply
Since I am using the ART tester for TEDCHECK, where exactly can I make this correction in the tool or configuration? I have tried looking through the ART files but could not locate where the lldpXPnoLocPortOperMauTypeExtension object is defined or where to change it from Integer32 to Unsigned32. Any pointers on where this might be configured in the ART tester setup would be a huge help.

Thanks again
The tester behaves here completely correct. Your device answers with a wrong data type. You have to fix the bug in your device.
Ask another Question