FSU test

Felipe

FSU test

I gather this is a feature used to speed up start-up and bypass the controller writing parameters upon start-up and the device loads existing parameters from memory. We currently don’t have any parameters that get loaded during a connection. This test does some odd things when run and I’m not clear if it’s considered passing or not. When I try to run it I’ve seen two things happen: an error around unable to get the profinet configuration for device ‘d’ and it doesn’t run or just now it says starting testcase: FSU and then 10 seconds later it says finished, but there’s no report. I would have expected it to show it ran and skipped or something if there wasn’t anything to do like some of the others. Do you know what that means?
roadrunner
PROFINET Expert

Felipe wrote: 02 Oct 2023, 12:12 I gather this is a feature used to speed up start-up and bypass the controller writing parameters upon start-up and the device loads existing parameters from memory. We currently don’t have any parameters that get loaded during a connection. This test does some odd things when run and I’m not clear if it’s considered passing or not. When I try to run it I’ve seen two things happen: an error around unable to get the profinet configuration for device ‘d’ and it doesn’t run or just now it says starting testcase: FSU and then 10 seconds later it says finished, but there’s no report. I would have expected it to show it ran and skipped or something if there wasn’t anything to do like some of the others. Do you know what that means?
The FSU test is disabling the auto negotiation of the device “d” port 1. And with the disabled auto negotiation, it is important which kind of cable is used between the devices (device “d” and your “dut” device).
If the both connected ports (“d” and “dut”) are of the same type (both End-Point or both Crossover), then you have the case that the RX is connected to RX and Tx to Tx.
That’s why the device “d” is not responding anymore after the FSU test has started. In this case you need to change the type of cable between “d” and “dut”.
Could you please try to use crossover cable or 1-to-1 cable and try again ?

Another way would be to put one switch in between and repeat the test. The switch will bring the crossing between the plugged cables.

In the FSU test specification the following is stated: “Autocross over is expected - but still crossover cables or 1:1 cables (depending on the MDI settings of the used ports) may be needed for Fast Startup due to AdjustMAUType (AutoNeg Off).”
Ask another Question