Profienergy service access point

L_zea

Profienergy service access point

When I understand the Profienergy document correctly, the Profienergy service access point can be attached to any submodule? I’m working on a multi axis drive, at which submodule the service access point shall be attached and how to represent the energy values of the different axis?
Realtime
PROFINET Expert

Re: Profienergy service access point

L_zea wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 08:17 When I understand the Profienergy document correctly, the Profienergy service access point can be attached to any submodule? I’m working on a multi axis drive, at which submodule the service access point shall be attached and how to represent the energy values of the different axis?
Yes, Profinet/Profienergy gives the possibility to add the Profienergy service access point to any submodule. Therefore it is up to you, how many access points at which submodule fits best to your product. E.g. if your drive is a Profidrive device, then each drive axis fits to a Profinet module. If you have energy measurement values or standby management functions availabe for every axis it would make sense to attach the axis individual PE SAP to the MAP submodule of each Profidrive axis module. If your energy management functionality is more related to the whole device, e.g. standby cuts down functionality of all axis, then it's better to place the PE SAP at the DAP module. Even with one PE SAP per device, you still have the opportunity to offer axis granular energy measurement values by offering multiple measurement points per PE SAP by using more then one object ID for the measurement values.
Ask another Question