Light curtain with Profinet

L_zea

Light curtain with Profinet

I’m implementing a light curtain with Profinet. Does it make sense to support also Profienergy for such a device?
olliew

L_zea wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 09:19 I’m implementing a light curtain with Profinet. Does it make sense to support also Profienergy for such a device?
hello L_zea,

I think it makes sense.
Even when energy savings for a single device may be 'low', it is the amount of devices that count :)
Realtime
PROFINET Expert

Re:

olliew wrote: 29 Jan 2024, 11:52
L_zea wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 09:19 I’m implementing a light curtain with Profinet. Does it make sense to support also Profienergy for such a device?
hello L_zea,

I think it makes sense.
Even when energy savings for a single device may be 'low', it is the amount of devices that count :)
Yes, at least this will support future sophisticated energy saving concepts. For this it is quite important to have more energy related information about every device in the OT area available, even if this specific device don't contributes much to the overall energy consumption of the plant. E.g. in standby mode the device may switch of the power of the light source or sensors. If the device has a separate processor for the communication, the sensor CPU may be switched off. Also measurement values for energy consumption may be offered without measurement by appropriate calculation or lookup tables.
Ask another Question