Non-Profinet-neighbor Testcases with ETS-Board

Booster

Non-Profinet-neighbor Testcases with ETS-Board

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the non-profinet-neighbor test cases with the ETS board (ART tester version 2.44.1.2)

If I have understood the test specification correctly, the non-profinet neighbors are simulated. So no additional hardware is required.

With the current ART-Tester version, the tests failed in my case. But the execution with ART-Tester version 2.42.xx passed...
The following error code is coming: "Error: lldpRemChassisID '08' does not match value from neighbor '08-00-00-00-00-01'"

Is additional configuration required or is the cabling possibly incorrect? Currently only the lower ports of IF1 and IF2 and the Ctrl_IF are wired.

Many thanks in advance for the answers!
benja_m

Re: Non-Profinet-neighbor Testcases with ETS-Board

Booster wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 14:02 Hello everyone,

I have a question about the non-profinet-neighbor test cases with the ETS board (ART tester version 2.44.1.2)

If I have understood the test specification correctly, the non-profinet neighbors are simulated. So no additional hardware is required.

With the current ART-Tester version, the tests failed in my case. But the execution with ART-Tester version 2.42.xx passed...
The following error code is coming: "Error: lldpRemChassisID '08' does not match value from neighbor '08-00-00-00-00-01'"

Is additional configuration required or is the cabling possibly incorrect? Currently only the lower ports of IF1 and IF2 and the Ctrl_IF are wired.

The test coverage was increased in the meantime. It is possible that this is an issue in your implementation which was not uncovered by older version of ART.
Booster

Re: Non-Profinet-neighbor Testcases with ETS-Board

benja_m wrote: 06 Mar 2024, 07:50
Booster wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 14:02 Hello everyone,

The test coverage was increased in the meantime. It is possible that this is an issue in your implementation which was not uncovered by older version of ART.
Thank you for your answer!
I was a little confused because the test cases are normally categorized into the required test setup groups.
For example, the non-Profinet-neighbor test cases are not assigned to the ETS test setup, but to a non-Profinet-neighbor-setup.

But thanks for the hint anyway! I will check it again after implementation.
Ask another Question