Demo application on top of Profinet and Profidrive

mateus845

Demo application on top of Profinet and Profidrive

I have a question regarding Siemens PLC programming and demo application for it on top of Profinet and Profidrive.

Our "know-how" regarding this is mainly in customer support and isn't particularly extensive. Our colleagues from the customer support managed to play around with telegrams and send/receive values based on examples.

However, they haven't been able to find a way to read/write cyclic data. In other words, asynchronous access to ordinary PNU objects. The profile tester offers write_value_controller and read_value_controller APIs.

Customer support needs to offer demo applications to our customers for our servo drive and motor.

So, do you know where we could find an example project for a Siemens PLC where access to a PNU parameter is required ?
Or could you recommend some documentation for our customer support ?

Ultimately, perhaps an expert who could be engaged to create this.
olliew

Re: Demo application on top of Profinet and Profidrive

To do a read / write PROFIdrive PNU object you use the SINAPARA function block (FB286) which is part of the SINAMICS library. IIRC that comes with TIA Portal per default. In TIA Portal the help is slightly misleading, the function block works just fine with any PROFIdrive compliant device.

mateus845 wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 21:20 So, do you know where we could find an example project for a Siemens PLC where access to a PNU parameter is required ?
I am not fully sure what you mean here. But if you search for SINAPARA I think you will find examples in the web from various companies.
Ask another Question