PROFINET device LED flash test recommended behaviour

AlfredoAtSherpa

PROFINET device LED flash test recommended behaviour

Hello Profinet Forum colleagues.
Again I am going to have to embarrass myself by asking something that I should know, but don't.
My customer is developing a PROFINET IO device for a general purpose IO device.
I was teaching this customer the use of the ETS and we hit the LED flash test of the manual test cases.
And there came the question, "what is the specified or recommended behaviour for a PROFINET IO device for the LED flash test?"
It is not good enough to show him how the ET200 behaves. He needs to know for how many seconds this behaviour should be carried out, what is the frequency for the LED flashing, and so on.
I have spent hours re-reading, searching several documents including the specification files, and the document that shows somewhat related information about this topic is "2023-08-25_PN-Test\Guidelines\PN-Diagnosis_7142_V15_Feb20.pdf", but I do not hit the explanation for the detailed description of this behaviour.
Hence, I can be so very grateful if anyone can help diminish my pathetic ignorance.
galtech

Re: PROFINET device LED flash test recommended behaviour

AlfredoAtSherpa wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 13:12 Hello Profinet Forum colleagues.
Again I am going to have to embarrass myself by asking something that I should know, but don't.
My customer is developing a PROFINET IO device for a general purpose IO device.
I was teaching this customer the use of the ETS and we hit the LED flash test of the manual test cases.
And there came the question, "what is the specified or recommended behaviour for a PROFINET IO device for the LED flash test?"
It is not good enough to show him how the ET200 behaves. He needs to know for how many seconds this behaviour should be carried out, what is the frequency for the LED flashing, and so on.
I have spent hours re-reading, searching several documents including the specification files, and the document that shows somewhat related information about this topic is "2023-08-25_PN-Test\Guidelines\PN-Diagnosis_7142_V15_Feb20.pdf", but I do not hit the explanation for the detailed description of this behaviour.
Hence, I can be so very grateful if anyone can help diminish my pathetic ignorance.
In the PROFIENT protocol "2023-08-25_PN-Test\PN-Spec\PN-AL-protocol_2722_V24MU4_May23.pdf", the DCP Signal behavior is described in section 4.3.1.4.15. An LED should blink for 3 s with a suggested frequency of 1 Hz.
AlfredoAtSherpa

Re: PROFINET device LED flash test recommended behaviour

galtech wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 19:18 In the PROFIENT protocol "2023-08-25_PN-Test\PN-Spec\PN-AL-protocol_2722_V24MU4_May23.pdf", the DCP Signal behavior is described in section 4.3.1.4.15. An LED should blink for 3 s with a suggested frequency of 1 Hz.
@galtech, thank you so much.
Alfredo
Ask another Question