Signing option via Windows?

Webinar_Question

Signing option via Windows?

My company has a signing option for Windows drivers, for example. This is a signature accepted by Windows. I would like to use this for signing to avoid the complexity of managing another signature process. Are there any plans to introduce this process?
Alex.W
PROFINET Expert

Re: Signing option via Windows?

Webinar_Question wrote: 06 Mar 2024, 13:53 My company has a signing option for Windows drivers, for example. This is a signature accepted by Windows. I would like to use this for signing to avoid the complexity of managing another signature process. Are there any plans to introduce this process?
GSDX provides a standardized way to combine GSDML files and their resources, while providing also additional security guarantees and properties (e.g. possibility to verify signatures in an offline environment).

PI provides a tool and environment to create these GSDX files. If you do not want to use said tools, other mechanisms can also be used, as long as they abide to the GSDX specification.

If a signature is present in the GSDX file, it is only accepted if the certificate was issued by PROFIBUS.
There are no plans to remove this restriction.
Ask another Question